Well we thought we would update you on our progress! HNH has been registered for 2 years now has been busy growing faster then expected (thanks to all of you).
To date we have;
- Run 2 x successful Direct Aid Programs in Thailand
- Applications for Fiji/PNG/another Thai DAP in place at present
- Distributed a total of $150,000 AUD worth of new and used rescue/health equipment (including over $60,000 AUD to Thailand, over $10,000 AUD to Fiji, over $30,000 AUD to Vanuatu plus more)!
- Purchased a total of 3 x AED's for Kanchanaburi's ambulance in Thailand
- Financed a train the trainer program for Thai First aid and CPR (for 10 x volunteers/staff)
- Purchased CPR training equipment for Thailand
- Our trainers have taught over 2,500 rural Thai residents in CPR and emergency first aid
- Taught over 100 Tourism Fiji resort staff CPR and first aid (thanks to Tourism Fiji)
- Purchased a CPR machine for Vanuatu's air ambulance (value $25,000 AUD)
- Assisted YWAM Hospital ships with a dispatch of equipment for their tenders (to be based in PNG)
- Presented to Rotary in Tasmania (and look forward to more presentations)
- Sponsored a Hobart school group on the quest to improve health in Cambodia
- Had support from Federal Politicians: Senator Eric Abetz, Andrew WIlkie MP and the Greens.
- Plus MORE!
A big thank you to those who are following and supporting us. From huge companies such as Ferno Australia, Laerdal and Tourism Fiji, to our local heroes in Adelaide and around Australia... we could not do what we are doing without all of your input. You are all heroes and for that, we thank you!
HNH is dedicated to improving access to emergency health care in developing countries and assisting ambulance/rescue education and the development of ambulance services. We have huge plans for the next 12 months and beyond.
With many Aussies headed overseas for the festive season, it is a reminder to top up your travel insurance and consider donating to HNH. Remember your health insurance only delivers the local standard (initially) in the event of a medical/traumatic event, and HNH is attempting to improve that standard! All donations go directly to the frontline.
Stay safe and stay tuned for more exciting posts from our HNH projects around the world!